We all have been guilty of eating junk food because we were either too lazy, tired or out of time to make fresh food. Even though eating healthy forms an essential part of who we are we end up compromising on it. And we do so because the entire process of cooking meals is very tiresome and time-consuming. And in this busy world cooking food every single day seems a little too overwhelming.
But what if you can still eat fresh food every single day without much trouble and without having to pay extra? All you need is to spare two hours once a week to pre-prep you healthy delicious meals so that you don’t stuff up on junk.
In order to pre-prep all you need to do is,
- Chopping Chopping is the most grueling part of the cooking process. Sometimes it even takes longer to chop veggies than actually cook them. So why not cut down the chopping time by pre-chopping all your veggies in huge quantities and have them ready before every meal. Most vegetables can be washed, dried, chopped and stored for up to an entire week thereby saving your cooking time. Similarly you can grate and store the veggies simply in a plastic containers or zip lock bags. Carrots, cabbage, broccoli, bell peppers and even onion can be cut up and stored. No, onions wont smell if you refrigerate it in an air-tight container.
- Blanching/ Boiling Like chopping, boiling veggies also take a lot of time. Corn, potatoes, beans, peas, rice, quinoa, chicken are staple food items. So you can simply boil them in bulk and use as per your need.
- Smoothie preps Lately smoothies have become quite popular. Instead of buying sugar rich smoothies from your cafes just freeze some chopped veggies and fruits in a zip-lock bag. Every morning you all you got to do is empty the bag in the blender and sip on your healthy drink.
- Prepare your curries in advance If you have the luxury of making fresh curries everyday than lucky. If not you will have to make them and refrigerate it. You might not be able to have a lot of variety but it is better to choose healthy over restaurant food.
- Kneading Dough If you are an Indian than you probably understand the dilemma of kneading dough every night to make Rotis for your family. Well you don’t have to do that anymore. Simply use your cake-mixing blender to knead the dough in huge quantity and then store it different batches. This will allow you to use one batch at a time without having to worry about kneading it every night.
- Fill up your lunch boxes in advance Nothing can get easier than grabbing a ready lunch box before heading for work. After you are done with the meal prep you can easily store it directly in your lunch box. This will save you time, will ensure you eat home-cooked food and avoid you from eating pizza slices and fried chicken wings.
Hope you pre-prep your meals and enjoy healthy meals every day.